Monday, July 30, 2012

Kamree's Birthday Bash!

Thanks to our sweet friends, the Hudsons, we were able to pull off one final birthday bash of the summer. Since our house is currently on the market and we didn't know where we would be living, the Hudsons agreed to host the polkadot pony party for us, which was so nice. They also live on an acreage and have access to horses, so I secretly hoped a pony could visit too!

Last Saturday morning, I packed up our entire basement of pink and green polkadots and headed to our party site. The Hudsons have lots of mature trees so we really appreciated and enjoyed the shade this year. Unfortunately, we soon realized that our waterslide wasn't working properly, which is a huge party foul when it's your main source of entertainment, so Chef Daddy put a bandaid on it with duct tape and we made it through one last party (but just barely).

In any event, we enjoyed pizza for dinner and a surprise visit from Teaspoon, the horse. After visiting with Teaspoon, we opened gifts, broke open the pinata and had cupcakes and homemade ice cream. All in all, it was a fun day! However, it was windy so it was impossible to get any good pictures during the day!

Thanks again, Casey, Karla, Kyndal, Kennedy, Corbin and Chase, for hosting our party for us!  We had a blast!

I ordered the pinata from here
It's really the only thing I splurged on!
Everything else I bought at H*bby L*bby with 40% off coupons or
my favorite $ Tree!
Party favors:  polkadot flip flops for the girls and popcorn for the boys!

 





The wind made it impossible to get any pictures so
Karla held down the table cloth so I could get one picture!
Unfortunately, some of the table cloths never stayed on the tables and the adorable
balloons from the Polkadot M@rket were always on the ground!

 
Lining up for the broken waterslide!

 
Duct tape to the rescue!

 




The birthday girl and some of her friends!


Kamree immediately spied the horse from the back yard!

 
She did pet it, however,

 
she was more than happy to stand back and watch everyone else ride!
There was no way she was getting on it!

 
Thanks again to my sweet friend, Erika, for adding the frosting to our cake!

 
She even gave everyone a ride!

 
Teaspoon was so gentle with the kids!

 
After we said goodbye to Teaspoon, we opened gifts and

 

broke the pinata open!


 
We wrapped up the night singing happy birthday to our sweet girl!

 
Everyone enjoyed Chef Daddy's pink cupcakes and pink homemade ice cream!
Cupcake picks from here.

 
The polkadot flip flops were a big hit!
In fact, the girls wore them most of the night!

12 comments:

Jboo said...

What a great party! Looks like so much fun!!!

Happy Monday! ;)

Courtney said...

As always, you pulled off another great party. I'm sure you mind is already dreaming of the parties you will be hosting next summer in your new house. Looks like it will mean new house, and new waterslide!

Kate said...

Seriously...Kamree can't be 6. She's breaking my heart! WHY do these children insist on growing up????

The party is adorbs....love all the dots...looks like a great time was had by all!!

Musings from Kim K. said...

What a fantastic party...wind and all! How cool that you were even able to have a horse visit. I swear I want to do a cowgirl theme for Josie next year. Love all the precious details...right down to the flip flops too. Hugs.

Laurie said...

Looks like SO much fun was had by all! That last picture of the flip flops was adorable... you're such a thoughtful gift giver! Happy b-day to your sweetie!

Annie said...

Another wonderful party. Love the combination of colors.

Karla said...

I found more flip flops! It was fun having a party and not doing the planning.....when is the next one?! :)

Everything Beautiful Shay said...

Another wonderful party~ happy birthday Kamree!!! Your mom really knows how to do a party!!! XO

Number 6 and no more counting! said...

U sure know how to throw a party! I love your planning process too! You should be a party planner!

lea
xo

Kim said...

It was a great party! I always like to see all the bits and pieces come together!

Kim said...

It was a great party! I always like to see all the bits and pieces come together!

Farmgirl Chaos said...

Finally getting around to checking your blog after almost 2 weeks away from a computer. Looks like the party was a hit! And the taffy is sure a hit with me. Thanks so much! :)